Kinesiology taping also know as Physio tape is a rehabilitative taping technique designed to support the body’s natural healing process, providing support and stability to injured muscles and joints without restricting mobility. At our chiropractic center, taping can provide extended pain management for conditions such as:
- Acute and chronic neck and low back pain
- Ligamentous problems (plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinosis, ACL, MCL, LCL, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow)
- Muscular hematomas
- Hip pain (IT band syndrome, piriformis syndrome)
- Rotator cuff syndrome, shoulder impingement syndrome
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Poor posture correction
It does so by providing extended soft tissue correction to amplify the effects of manual therapy administered at V Chiropractic.
Not to be confused with non-elastic athletic tape, Physio Tape is a highly elastic / dynamic tape that adheres to the skin. It is non-latex based. By placing the tape on top of and surrounding muscle groups the tape helps promote and support directional force, facilitating the body’s natural healing response.
- Supports the muscle to diminish pain and inflammation
- Corrects joint problems to improve range of motion and correct for misalignments caused by tight muscles, re-educating the neuromuscular system
- Decreases swelling by promoting blood and lymphatic circulation, allowing it to channel more freely, without affecting range of motion
Wear home your adjustment for 3-5 days! – Latex free tape can be worn for up to a week, which helps speed the process of healing in-between treatments.
So whether it’s: knee injuries (including patellar pain and patellar tracking disorders), shoulder injuries / shoulder instability, back injuries / back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, plantar fasciitis, tennis and golfer’s elbow let V Chiropractic and Rehabilitation support the solution with physio tape.
Taping procedure and location of application depend upon the diagnosis of the problem and the appropriate treatment. Application is painless. Irritability to the skin is extremely rare. Benefit is recognized immediately and removal is easy.
What you can expect…
As always, In order to diagnose the root cause(s) of your symptoms and create a personalized treatment plan, I will first gather and analyze important information about your lifestyle, medical history, general health and the like.
Next, I will conduct a thorough examination and review any/all paperwork and documentation that has been provided (e.g. X-rays, MRIs, etc.) by you or other health care providers.
Using physio tape can help decrease pain and fatigue; improve range of motion and increase blood flow and lymphatic drainage. Here at V Chiropractic and Rehabilitation we are using physio tape to help manage pain and fatigue and enhance athletic performance. V Chiropractic and Rehabilitation Centennial, Colorado.